WE BELIEVE THAT THERE IS ONE, AND ONLY ONE LIVING AND TRUE GOD, AN INFINITE, INTELLIGENT SPIRIT, WHOSE NAME IS JEHOVAH, THE MAKER AND SUPREME RULER OF HEAVEN AND EARTH. INEXPRESSIBLY GLORIOUS IN HOLINESS, AND WORTHY OF ALL POSSIBLE HONOR, CONFIDENCE, AND LOVE: THAT IN THE UNITY OF THE GODHEAD THERE ARE THREE PERSONS, THE FATHER, THE SON, AND THE HOLY GHOST: EQUAL IN EVERY DIVINE PERFECTION, AND EXECUTING DISTINCT BUT HARMONIOUS OFFICES IN THE GREAT WORK OF REDEMPTION.
B. God is the One Eternal Spirit – John 4:24 “God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.”
C. God can be everywhere at one time and cannot be divided nor added to.
D. Psalms 147:5 – “Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.” Our God is infinite. This cannot be said of any mere man.
2. Man in “finite” which simply means the opposite of infinite. “Having definite or definable limits, having a limited nature or existence.”
2. If there is one bigger and greater than God then we should worship that one, but there is none other God but the true God.
2. “God”, “Supreme Creator” may be known to all kinds of people both saved and lost.
3. “JEHOVAH” is known and recognized as to what this name means by a chosen people alone.
H. Other Scriptures that teach this to be true.
2. Hebrews 3:4 – “For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.”
3. Romans 1:20 – “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:”
4. Jeremiah 10:10 – “But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.”
B. Mark 12:30 declares “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all they heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all they strength: this is the first commandment.”
2. Since God cannot and will not sin He can be trusted in everything.
III. “That In The Unity Of The Godhead There Are Three Persons, The Father, The Son, And The Holy Ghost: Equal In Every Divine Perfection, And Executing Distinct But Harmonious Offices In The Great Work Of Redemption.”
B. These three persons are equal to each other and there is no division in God’s nature or being. Jesus said in John 10:30, “I and My Father are One.”
C. Ephesians 2:18 “For through Him (The Son) we both (Jew and Gentile) have access by one Spirit unto the Father.”
D. The Spirit of God the Father reveals Jesus the Son as Savior of sinners by applying the Word of God to the heart and soul of the sinner in order to save them; no one is saved apart from the Word of God and the Holy Spirit.
E. We cannot see God because He is a Spirit, but He is revealed to man in Christ Jesus.
2. Colossians 2:9 declares “For in Him (JESUS) should all fulness dwell.”
2. John 15:26 – “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:”
3. I Corinthians 12:4-6 – “Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.”
4. John 5:17 – “But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.”
5. John 14:23 – “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.”
6. John 17:5 – “And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.”
7. Acts 5:3-4 – “But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.”
8. I Corinthians 2:10-11 – “But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.”
9. Philippians 2:5-6 – “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:”
10. II Corinthians 13:14 – “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.”
11. Revelation 1:4-5 – “John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; 5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,”
B. Some of the attributes of God.
2. Trinity of God – God is revealed to mankind in three forms: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
3. Omnipresence of God – God is always present in all places. There is no place God is not present.
4. Independence of God – God is the only truly independent being in all eternity.
5. Immutability of God – God never changes.
6. Omniscience of God – God’s knowledge is limitless.
7. Foreknowledge of God – God is able, not only to foreknow future events, but also to control all future events.
8. Power of God – God’s power is limitless.
9. Grace of God – Grace is unmerited favor, therefore, all we receive is completely undeserved on our part.
10. Mercy of God – God looks with favor on those that are guilty.
11. Faithfulness of God – God will keep all his promises.
12. Wisdom of God – God is able to work all circumstances for our good and his glory.
13. Love of God – God is love. It is not that God loves, but God is the very essence of love.
14. Wrath of God – God’s anger and judgment toward wickedness is entirely right and good with no fault at all.
15. Will of God – God’s desire for all his creation.
16. Sovereignty of God –There is no king but God, as revealed in the holy trinity.
17. Patience of God – God is longsuffering toward sin, as his plan will be accomplished in the end.
18. Holiness of God – God is perfect in holiness with no sin, and no ability to sin.
19. Silence of God – God is a silent God as far as revelation today, but he will come in the clouds and call his saints to him.
B. Ps. 139:14 – Our bodies declare the existence of God. Note the eyes, ears, the smelling, the tasting and feeling. (We are fearfully and wonderfully made.)
2. Science can tell us how flesh can see, hear, smell, taste and feel, but science can’t tell us why flesh can see, hear, smell, taste and feel.
2. I Peter 1:2 – The three works done in salvation.
3. I John 5:7,8 – The trinity explained – left out of NIV.
2. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men.
b. Luke 1:35 – The angel came to Mary, explaining she will be overshadowed with the Holy Ghost, and will conceive and bear a child.
b. Romans 3:24-25 – Christ has redeemed us from the slave market of sin.
b. Romans 8:34 – Christ has died and is now on the right hand of the father, making intercession for us.
c. Acts 7:56 – Stephen say Jesus standing on the right hand of his father.
d. Revelation 12:10 – Satan is accusing us before God right now, but Jesus is our constant advocate.
a. I John 2:27 – We have no need for anybody to teach us, but the Holy Spirit teaches us.
b. Pray and study – God will reveal all we need to know.
b. Galatians 5:22 – the fruit of the spirit is: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance, so forth.