If you would like a printable PDF file of the complete book on The 6,000 Year Earth, this link will open a PDF file of the book. This link will open a PDF file of the cover of the book. You can save a copy of the book on your computer. If you have any questions, please email me.
BE AWARE: The file is approximately 5,300 kb, so if you have a dial-up connection, it will take a while to download the file.
Here is a link, http://creation.com/age-of-the-earth, that further backs up the fact that the earth is only 6,000 years old. I was contacted by Creation Ministries International, one of the oldest and largest Biblical creation ministries, on October 7, 2013, and asked to add this link to their site. I am well aware that many do not believe the world is only 6,000 years old, and I am well aware of all the “scientific” proof skeptics give, who claim the earth is millions of years old. Some will never believe, regardless of how much proof they are given. But if you are wondering if there is any scientific proof that the world is only 6,000 years old, this site should help answer your questions.
Please understand – there is no scientific proof of the age of the earth, but there is Biblical proof. The question is not, “Do you believe science?” The question is, “Do you believe the Bible?” The book, The 6,000 Year Old Earth, is not about science, it is about the Bible. If the Bible is not true on this one issue it cannot be depended on for anything else. Especially to answer the question, “Where will I go when I die?”
Evolutionists have largely succeeded in convincing people that the world is millions upon millions of years old. The result of this indoctrination is seen every day as people forsake God, his Bible, the gospel of Jesus Christ, the way of life that produces peace and tranquility, Godly living and eternal life. Thousands of people are seeking answers to life’s troubling questions from “social scientists” and other supposed experts, who believe the universe is untold millions of years old, while forsaking the one true source of information: the Holy Word of God, the King James Bible.
As the doctrine of evolution is accepted more and more, people have less and less hope, because people do not know where they came from, where they are going, or if God cares about them now. The only hope we have, as sinful, fallen people, is in God, who created us in his image and in his likeness. The evolutionist propaganda of no God, and no special creation, causes people to act more and more as if there is no God, no coming judgment, no hell, no heaven, or anything in the afterlife. The result of forsaking the plain teachings of God’s word is clearly seen in our society as crime increases, and our society degenerates farther and farther into sin.
Without the Bible to guide us, our society has come to believe there is no absolute right or wrong. Right or wrong is largely determined today, not by any standard of right or wrong, but according to whatever feels right in any given situation, the whim of public opinion. Therefore, we are living in an ever increasing dangerous society, a society that has forsaken God, who created us, who forgives us of sin, and who judges in righteousness.
If you have ever wondered how old the earth and our universe is, just read the Bible.
Begin at Genesis 1:1 and see how God created the heaven and the earth. Read all of Genesis chapter 1 and chapter 2 and understand that God created all this present world in just six literal 24-hour days.
Someone will ask, “But how long is a day in Genesis chapter 1 and 2?” This is such an important question, I want to answer that question here.
Genesis 1:1-5 states, “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.”
Read those verses very carefully. Notice the last part of verse 5: “…And the evening and the morning were the first day.” Let this settle into your mind and heart. The evening and the morning were the first day. That means one day. An evening and a morning is still one day – right? The Jews still count their days by this method. The Jewish day begins in the evening, about 6:00 p.m.
When God gave the Ten Commandments to Israel, he commanded them to rest on the sabbath day. Exodus 20:8-11 states, “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.” God worked six literal 24-hour days, then rested on the sabbath day. God commanded Israel to do exactly the same thing; work for six days, then rest on the seventh day. That is still good for us today.
REASONS FOR KNOWING THE AGE OF THE EARTH
1. I was never taught this truth as a young person, so when I entered college, I was taken in by the evolutionist’s claims of the earth being millions of years old. I spent many years in confusion, which is exactly what the devil wanted. There is no need of any person being fooled by the false claims of evolutionists.
2. We need to know that all things that called science, is not science. Sometimes what men call science is simply their opinion. We need to learn that all true science is in agreement with the Bible. The Bible is not a science book, but because the Bible contains all truth, all true science will be in agreement with the Bible.
3. We need to know that the Bible is our guide in this life. In all things, we need to follow the Bible. If there is any question, the Bible has the answer; even in the area of science. God has not left out what he wants us to believe concerning the creation of this world. He has given us everything we need for time and eternity; therefore, we know he has also given us all the facts we need about the creation of this world.
4. We can have confidence that the Lord will soon return. In II Peter 3:1-18, the Bible states that scoffers will begin to say the Lord has not returned, and will not return because all things continue from the beginning of the creation. These scoffers are not telling the truth, of course. First of all, things are not continuing as they were from the beginning of the creation. God created the earth in six days and rested from creation. Sin came into the world after the first week of creation. Therefore, things have not continued from the beginning of the creation. Things have continued from the end of creation. Secondly, Peter declares these scoffers are willingly ignorant of the world-wide flood during the days of Noah, therefore they are willingly ignorant of the coming fiery judgment of God when this earth will be destroyed by fire.
There are five (and only five) Biblical steps necessary to determine the age of the universe.
For a graphical representative of the following explanation click here.
1. Genesis 5. These genealogies cover 10 generations, from Adam to Noah, and reveals that Noah died when the earth was 2006 years old. Click here to view a table created from Genesis 5.
2. Gen. 11:10-32. These genealogies cover 9 generations, from Shem (the son of Noah) to the death of Terah (Abraham’s dad). This genealogy will give you the age of the earth at the death of Terah, who is the father of Abraham, as 2081. It is very interesting to note that Terah died the very year Abraham received the promise of God in Genesis 12:1-4. It is very true that we will not receive any of the promises of God until we obey the conditions of those promises. God had told Abraham to depart from: (1) his country, (2) his kindred, and (3) his father’s house. Abraham did not receive any of the promises of God until he obeyed completely. We, like Abraham, will receive none of the promises of God until we obey completely. Click here to view a table created from Genesis 11:10-32.
It is interesting to note that Abraham was born the same year Noah died, when the world was 2006 years old. According to Genesis 12:4, Abraham was 75 years old when he received the promises of God. Add 2006 to 75 and we discover the world was 2081 years old when the promise was given to Abraham concerning the coming Saviour and the blessings of God upon the nation of Israel.
3. Galatians 3:16,17 declares, “Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. 17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.” Abraham received the promise when the world was 2081 years old. Now, add the 430 years spoken of in Galatians 3:16,17 to 2081, and we discover the world was 2511 years old when the law (the Ten Commandments) was given.
Also read Exodus 12:40,41. “Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, was four hundred and thirty years. 41 And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years, even the selfsame day it came to pass, that all the hosts of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt.”
The sojourning of the children of Israel (in Canaan: during the lifetime of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: in Egypt (see Exodus 6:16-20) during the life of Levi, Kohath, Amram, and Moses.
4. I Kings 6:1. This verse will bring us up to the fourth year of Solomon’s reign.
I Kings 6:1 states, “And it came to pass in the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon’s reign over Israel, in the month Zif, which is the second month, that he began to build the house of the LORD.”
Now we can add another 480 years to 2511 and we get find it is 2991 years from creation to the fourth year of Solomon’s reign.
5. Using any secular history, look up the date when Solomon reigned. This will be in the area of 1015-975 b. c. If you like, you can go through the books of I and II Kings and prove that Israel went into bondage to the Assyrians in 722 B. C. and Judah went into bondage to Babylon in 606 B. C.
Because we know from secular history that Solomon reigned about 1,000 years before Christ, we can add 1,000 years to 2,991 (the age of the earth when Solomon began to reign) and you get 3991 (the approximate age of the earth when Christ was born.)
I think everybody knows it is approximately 2000 years the time of Christ until now. So add 2000 years to 3991 and you get 5991. That is pretty close to 6,000 years.
It is very clear, is it not, that the Bible proves the age of the universe to be approximately 6,000 years old.
Some people like to throw up a smoke screen by asking the question, “How old was Adam when he sinned?” Actually it doesn’t make any difference. We know that Adam was created in the week of creation. We also know that Adam lived 930 years. So whether he sinned in the second week after creation or the second year or the 20th year doesn’t make any difference. PROOF – I have included the proof of the 6,000 year earth on this web site. Feel free to download the material to your computer so you can study it in detail as time permits. I will snail mail you a hard copy of The 6,000 Year Old Earth, but because of receiving so many requests for the book and because of the expense involved in printing and shipping, I must charge $24.95 for the 120 page, 8 1/2″ x 11″ book. The price includes shipping and handling. Include payment of cash, check, or money order (Sorry, I cannot take credit card payments at this time).
Independence Baptist Church
70 Bell Road
Wright City, Missouri 63390
If you would like a PDF copy of my book The 6,000 Year Old Earth, this link will open the file, and you can save and/or print the PDF file on your computer. Be aware the PDF book file is approximately 5,300 kb, so if you have a dial-up connection, it will take a while to download. If you have difficulty with the link, email me and I will email the PDF file to you.
If you download a copy of the book, or any other PDF books on this web site, please email me and let me know the country, or state where you live. You do not have to email me, of course, but it is interesting to me to see where the book is going. I do not save any information you email to me. I do not give or sell it to anybody, nor will I ever do so. I do not like spam, especially since I get enough of it already, and I know you do too.
1 Timothy 6:20-21 declares “O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.”