God is the creator
Genesis 1:1 – In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Is this verse true or is it false? What you think about this verse reveals what you think of the entire word of God. Why would anybody not believe this verse is true? Because evolutionists have filled the world with the theory of evolution, proclaiming it is no longer a theory, but the truth.
Have you ever been on vacation and gone to a scenic overlook, and there before you (and your children) is a placard that states, ‘The scene before you was produced millions of years ago by … so forth?’ I know I have. Is this really true? Is the world millions of years old? Did God really create the world?
It seems to me that evolution has taken a front seat in our society. As our society has turned father and farther away from God, this is a natural conclusion – that God is not our creator that we just happened to be on this earth by chance.
If you do not believe the first verse of the Bible, you will never believe any other verse of the Bible. If you want to change the first verse of the Bible to suit your own purposes and beliefs, you will change the rest of the Word of God to suit your own purposes and your own beliefs.
b. God is eternal, while the earth and the entire universe is temporary, and material.
b. Indications in Job are that the morning stars (plural) are the angels that God created to praise Him and be His messengers to the earth.
b. Men misread the signs of nature because they are blind to spiritual truths.
b. God gave men dominion even though he knew man would fall into sin and rebel against Him in everything.
2. Psalms 102:18 – The people that shall be created (future generations) shall praise the Lord. This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.
3. Psalms 104:30 – They are created and they praise the name of the Lord. When God hides his face from man, they are troubled, their breath goes away and they die and return to the dust. Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.
4. Psalms 148:5 – Heaven is created, and all of this creation gives praise to the Lord. The heavens, the sun, the moon, the stars, and all the waters above the heavens. Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.
5. Proverbs 16:4 – The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
6. Isaiah 14:24 – The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:
7. Isaiah 45:18 – God has created the earth, made it, and established it to be inhabited. Don’t worry about other planets having life on them. For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
8. Isaiah 54:16 – God also creates the waster. Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
9. Ezekiel 28:13-15 (and beyond) – This is given to the king of Tyrus, but speaks spiritually of Satan, who was blessed in every way, but turned against God, and God found iniquity in him.
10. John 1:3 – All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
11. Hebrews 1:10 – And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands.
12. Revelation 4:11 – Thou art worthy, IO Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
2. We are supposed to work for six days, then use the seventh day for worship of God.
2. This is 24 hours long.
2. It is possible for a person to believe the earth is millions of years old, yet believe God created the earth.
3. It is impossible for a person to understand the genealogy of the Bible and believe the earth is millions of years old.
2. England has its story of St. George, who slew a dragon that lived in a cave.
3. In the tenth century, an Irishman wrote of his encounter with what appears to have been a Stegosaurus.
4. In the 1500s, a European scientific book, Historia Animalium, listed several animals, which to us are dinosaurs, as still alive.
5. A well-known naturalist of the time, Ulysses Aldrovandus, recorded an encounter between a peasant named Baptista and a dragon whose description fits that of the dinosaur Tanystropheus. The encounter was on May 13, 1572 near Bologna in Italy, and the peasant killed the dragon.
6. So the evidence for the existence of dinosaurs during recorded human history is strong.
b. In many commentaries, behemoth is said to be an elephant or a hippopotamus.
c. However, this description is unlikely, since behemoth is said to have had a tail like a cedar.
d. Now if there is one thing an elephant’s tiny tail is unlike, it is a cedar tree!
e. The elephant is quickly eliminated as a possibility for this beast.
f. In fact, after reading this passage in Job very carefully, one is hard put to find any living creature to fit the description.
g. The closest that we know could be Brachiosaurus, one of the dinosaurs.
b. Most commentaries say this animal is a crocodile, but is very apparently not so.
c. For those who wonder about this, remember that the living bombardier beetle can shoot out super-heated gases in its own defense.
d. Why not leviathan?
B. Eccl. 7:29 – Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.
2. Believers are better off than Adam. We can’t fall.
D. If you do not believe there is a creator, you have no need of a Saviour, because there is no such thing as sin.
2. God gave the law, and if there is no creator, there is no God, there is no law, and there is no sin.
3. Therefore, there is no hell, no heaven, nothing.
4. We might as well act like animals because that is all we are.
2. Exodus 31:17 – We keep the Sabbath day of resting because God created the heaven and earth in six days and rested on the Sabbath.
3. Psalms 8 and Psalms 104 declares there is no thought but that God created the heavens and the earth.
4. Matthew 19:4-6 – Christ believed that man was made male and female at the beginning. Note that the Pharisees were questioning divorce because they had forgotten the facts of the creation.
5. II Peter 3:5 – Some folks are willingly ignorant of the fact that God spoke the creation into existence. Therefore they are ignorant of the fact of the soon return of the Lord.
6. Hebrews 4:4 – God resting the seventh day from all His works. So they believed that God created the creation.
2. Hebrews 11:3 – things that are seen were not made of things which do appear.
3. Psalms 33:6, 9 – Christ made the heavens by his word, by the host of heaven and by the breath of his mouth.
4. Amos 4:13 – The Lord, the God of hosts created all things.
2. There is no clear scriptural division between that which is allegorical and that which is literal.
3. The Bible is clear concerning that which is allegorical.
b. The word ‘signified’ means to give a sign.
c. The prophecies given to Nebuchadnezzar and Belshazzar, and most of the prophets, were clearly allegorical.
b. The earth was without form and was void.
c. God created light and separated the light from the darkness.
b. The firmament is called heaven.
b. The earth brought forth grass, herbs, and fruit trees, after his kind.
b. The sun rules the day and the moon rules the night.
b. God also created great whales on this day.
b. God created man after his own likeness and the woman from the rib of Adam.
c. God gave to man the authority to rule over all the creation, giving him full option to do with it as he pleased, withholding only eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.
b. God said all his creation was very good; not good, but very good.