Verse 1 – And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
I. John continues to observe the developments on this earth that lead to the fulfillment of Satan’s worldwide kingdom, its ultimate destruction and the establishment of the earthly kingdom of Christ.
A. It is very fitting that Revelation 13 begins with a description of the Anti-Christ kingdom as it is finalized for ruling the world.
B. Revelation 12 ends with Satan forsaking the persecution of national Israel, and continuing his persecution of believing Israel.
C. It is true that Satan’s kingdom will not be revealed in its completion until the middle of the Great Tribulation, but it is also true that kingdom has been in development since the fall of Adam.
II. The observations of John are without fear, but full of wonderment.
A. As we observe the increase of wickedness and the fulfillment of Satan’s kingdom, we should not fear, as we are trusting Christ.
1. I John 4:18 states, There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
a. As we see Satan’s kingdom approaching, we also see the coming destruction of that kingdom, and the establishment of Christ’s eternal kingdom.
b. We understand there must be a great falling away before the Great Tribulation beings, and the millennium of Christ.
2. Christ, in three of his gospels, reveals the coming satanic kingdom, yet instruct his followers to never be afraid of that terrible kingdom.
a. Matthew 24:33 – So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
b. Mark 13:29 – So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
c. Luke 21:31-32 – So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. 32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
3. Christ desires all his believers to be faithful to him, and not be fearful.
a. Luke 12:4-5 states, And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
b. The context of I Corinthians 10:11 reveals how we ought to continue to stand firm for the cause of Christ, even as we see the day of Satan’s kingdom approaching.
c. The context of II Thessalonians 2:3 reflects a great falling away before Satan’s kingdom is revealed to the world.
d. II Timothy 3:1-9 reveals the conditions during “perilous times”.
B. Things in this world that brought us fear at the time, which also reveal to us that God is well able to take care of us during the present times of fear.
1. World Wars I and II left many dead, but God gave victory to what was right.
2. Communism – but it passed when the Soviet Union collapsed.
3. The Atomic Bomb – but God caused that bomb never to be used against us.
4. The Cold War – but God gave us the victory over those enemies.
5. Bomb shelters – but God caused us never to be forced to use one.
6. The Vietnam War – a terrible war, but God delivered us from that great evil.
7. The Korean “conflict” – many died, but God continued to use those terrible events to shape future events that eventually bring Satan’s kingdom, then the millennium.
8. Now we are fearful of the Muslims, but God is well able to give the victory over these people, if we will only continue to obey God and faithfully serve him.
9. Swine flu – the government and all the news reports reflect this horrible disease is ready to wipe us out – again.
10. Economic collapse – it is supposed to happen again, but God is able to keep his people even in very tough economic times.
11. The new health care bill the government seems to be pushing on us – But God can continue to give us health – regardless of the medicines we take.
12. Our own government – which some declare is our worse enemy – but God can deliver us from “friends” who would destroy us.
C. Passages that speak of the great signs and miracles the Anti-Christ will be able to do in order to delude people into thinking he has overcome God.
1. II Thessalonians 2:9-12 – Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2. Matthew 24:24 – For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
3. Revelation 13:12-14 – And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
D. John stands on the sand of the sea.
1. Some believe the sand of the sea refers to the Mediterranean Sea, but there is no scripture that states that point.
2. According to Revelation 17:15, the sea is the waters upon which the great whore sits, which is peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.
3. The sand represents the shoreline – a place of observing and recording the actions of the water of the seas.
E. The work of John and our work are different.
1. John’s work is given in Revelation 1:11, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
a. Revelation 4:1-2 reveals, After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. 2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
b. Therefore we understand John work is to observe, and record the events God shows him.
c. John is not to intervene in the processes he sees taking place.
2. Our work (given to all true churches of Jesus Christ) is given in Matthew 28:18-20.
a. We are to go into all the world, and preach the everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ, as the only begotten Son of God.
b. We are to baptize all those who profess faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour.
c. Then we are to teach them to observe all the doctrines of the Word of God.
d. Our place is to intervene in the wickedness of this world by preaching the everlasting gospel, as Elijah preached the gospel to dead, dry bones. 
III. The identification of Satan’s Anti-Christ kingdom.
A. God wants all believers to understand, to have knowledge, and not be fooled by the Anti-Christ kingdom.
1. God has given us the entire book of Revelation when he finalized the New Testament.
2. God links the book of Revelation to the entire Old Testament so we can study and understand.
3. II Peter 3:5 – Some are willfully ignorant.
4. Matthew 13:10-17 – When Jesus speaks, some do not hear with understanding because Jesus isn’t saying what they expect him to say.
B. The principles of identifying Satan’s Anti-Christ Kingdom are given in part IV. while part V., and verse 2, part I., applies these principles of Scriptural identification.
IV. The Anti-Christ kingdom is a horrible looking creature, but men will love it, flock to it, embrace it, and accept it.
A. John 3:19 states, And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
1. Many people of this world seem to like scary movies and horror films, relishing in them.
2. Many people love to read, study and learn about horrendous crimes, even attempting to “get into the heads” of the people that commit those crimes.
3. Men love the complicated ways of this world because figuring out those complicated ways makes them think they are intelligent, and they trust their intelligence rather than trusting God.
4. II Corinthians 11:1-3 – The ways of God are simple, not complicated – so simple even a child can understand.
B. Believers will run from the kingdom of Satan as hard as they can, because God has given them light to see the truth of that horrible kingdom.
C. A description of the beast of Revelation 13.
1. John saw a beast.
a. The word “beast” is from the Greek word “therion” meaning a wild, untamed, venomous savage, ferocious animal.
b. Revelation 4:6 mentions John seeing a beast around the throne of God.
1) The Greek word “zoon” means a living creature.
2) Satan always copies that which God produces, but the results are worlds apart.
c. It should be obvious the Anti-Christ doesn’t “look like” this horrible creature, or people would be afraid of it and run away from it.
d. The description of the beast is symbolic of the attributes of Satan’s kingdom.
2. The beast rose up out of the sea, indicating Satan’s kingdom will come from the populations of the earth.
a. Men will accept the Anti-Christ because that kingdom is of the earth.
b. James 3:15-16 describes two kinds of wisdom; This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. 16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. Men love earthly wisdom, but despise heavenly wisdom.
1) There is no middle ground here.
2) Men either have earthly wisdom or they have heavenly wisdom.
c. Romans 8:5-8 describe the two kinds of people, For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
1) There is no middle ground here.
2) Men are either carnal or spiritual.
d. Galatians 5:19-23 describe two kinds of works: spiritual and fleshly, Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
1) There is no middle ground here.
2) There are only two kinds of works: spiritual or fleshly.
e. Satan’s kingdom seems logical and reasonable to unbelievers because they have rejected God’s true wisdom.
V. The seven heads of the Anti-Christ kingdom.
A. Rev. 17:9-11 reads, And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
1. It must be noted the wisdom spoken of here is not fleshly or human wisdom.
a. It is not intelligence (I.Q.) or the ability to correctly scrutinize facts.
b. It is not “common sense”, but is “uncommon sense”.
c. Spiritual wisdom comes directly from God as he gives understanding of scriptural interpretation and application. 
d. Every believer can have spiritual wisdom as they continue to study the Bible and the Word of God changes the way they think.
2. The seven heads are seven mountains, and there are seven kings.
3. This scripture tells us two things:
B. The literal interpretation:
1. Revelation 17:1-6 describes the literal kingdom of Satan.
2. There are several cities in the world that claim to be surrounded by seven hills, but there is only one place in the world where a throne is now, or ever has been, that is surrounded by seven hills: Rome, Italy.
3. The names of the hills are:
f. Coelian and
h. There has been a throne in Rome, Italy, almost since the beginning of time.
C. To clarify: Catholicism, as a single denomination of religious belief, is not the Anti-Christ kingdom, even though many of our Baptist forefathers thought so.
1. The word “Catholic” means universal: as in universal (visible or invisible) church, or universal salvation (as in all are saved and going to heaven without repenting of their sins and believing in Christ as their eternal Saviour).
2. Catholicism, as an embodiment (or a bringing and binding together) of all false religions, is the Anti-Christ kingdom.
3. Since the Tower of Babel, false religion has attempted to gather together all their various beliefs into one tangible whole, but God has continually blocked the accomplishment of this feat.
4. In the end of time, God will remove his hindering Holy Spirit, allowing Satan to finally establish his universal (Catholic) religion, government, and economic system.
D. The symbolic meaning: Kingdoms are referred to as mountains: both good and bad kingdoms.
1. The mountain of the Lord’s kingdom.
a. Isaiah 2:2-4 informs of the people during the millennium that will travel to the mountain of the Lord to worship.
b. Isaiah 11:9 describe the “holy mountain” of the Lord during the millennium.
c. Daniel 2:35,44 – A mountain is described as the kingdom of God, which fills the entire world.
d. Micah 4:1-2 describes the mountain of the Lord during the millennium when all nations go to Jerusalem to worship
2. The mountain of Satan’s Anti-Christ kingdom.
a. Jeremiah 51:25 – The Lord calls Babylon a destroying mountain.
b. We already understand the seven mountains of Revelation 17:9 also refer to seven kingdoms, not the kingdom of Christ, for Christ has only one everlasting kingdom, but as in Jeremiah 51:25, seven evil kingdoms belonging to Satan.
E. The heads of the kingdoms tell us that there are seven separate kingdoms or rulers.
1. Revelation 17:10 states, And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
2. An interesting “side note” that doesn’t scripturally mean anything, but some believe it anyway.
a. There were five ex-presidents alive from January 21, 1989 till the day Nixon died on April 22, 1994.
1) Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Carter & George H. W. Bush are five presidents alive at the same time.
2) Clinton was President.
3) When Clinton left office on January 21, 2001, he joined Ford, Carter, Reagan and George H. W. Bush, to make five living ex-presidents once again.
4) Obama is currently president, and is making wide sweeping changes toward a much more liberal and intrusive government.
b. Couple this fact with Iran, North Korea and some other nations, on the brink of possessing nuclear weapons, which they will use in an attempt to destroy Israel.
c. Of course, Israel is intent on defending themselves, warning they will soon attack Iran if they continue their build-up of nuclear arsenals.
d. The United States, under the Obama administration, is currently warning Israel not to warn or attack Iran.
e. So it is erroneously concluded the United States is Pagan Babylon and the end is near.
f. I do not believe the United States is Pagan Babylon, but we are fast becoming a pagan nation with all the characteristics of full-blown paganism.
3. Returning from the “side note”: There are seven kings, just as there were seven heads.
a. Five of these kings have ended their rule, one is ruling when John writes and there is one more to come.
b. To find out whom these kings are; we need to go back to Rome, Italy and the seven mountains.
c. We find that Rome, Italy was once the capitol of the Roman Empire, which was destroyed.
4. The five kings that had ruled when John wrote were of the Caesar Dynasty. (1) Julius Caesar, (2) Tiberius Caesar, (3) Caligula Caesar, (4) Claudius Caesar, and (5) Nero Caesar.
5. The emperor of Rome in John's day was Domitian Caesar.
a. These six kings ended the Caesar Dynasty.
b. Yet the Bible says there is one yet to come.
c. If the Roman Empire is destroyed, why does John write that there is yet one king to rule?
d. Because reference is made to the Revived Roman Empire, a “revival” or strengthening of paganism in the entire world.
VI. Mythology of the beginning of Rome, Italy.
A. This information is taken from the Encyclopedia International Volume 15, page 541 under the heading Romulus and Remus, who were brothers.
1. Both were abandoned at birth and nursed by a she wolf.
2. They were then raised by a farmer and his wife, taking over the kingdom of Rome on April 21, 753 b.c.
3. Romulus killed Remus in a fit of rage and became the first of seven kings.
4. The other six are: (1) Numa Pompilius, (2) Tullun Hostilius, (3) Ancus Marcius, (4) Tarquinius Priscus, (5) Servius Tullius, (6) and Tarquin the Proud.
5. The dynasty ended at Tarquin the Proud because Sextus Tarquinius, son of Tarquin the Proud, raped Lucretia, wife of Collatinus, a high government official.
6. Then the Roman government got rid of this entire dynasty from the throne and exiled all of them from the country, and established a republican government.
7. This mythology reinforces the thought that the Roman Empire was founded mainly because of the work of seven men. So shall the revived Roman Empire be established upon the work of seven men, starting with Julius Caesar of the Caesar Dynasty.
B. Another mythology goes like this:
1. King of Alba Longa, Proca, had two sons.
2. The younger (Amulius) killed the oldest (Numitor) and seized the throne.
3. Numitor's daughter, Rhea Silvia, a virgin, gave birth to twins who she said were fathered by the god Mars.
4. Amulius, to protect his throne from his brothers' descendants, imprisoned Rhea Silvia, and put the twins in a basket on the river so they would be drowned.
5. They were raised by a she wolf and later a farmer and his wife.
6. When they found out they were supposed to be king; they got together a band of men and killed Amulius and ruled.
7. They had a quarrel concerning after whom the city they were building would be named, so Romulus jumped over the short, incomplete wall and killed Remus, and Romulus then became the sole ruler.
Verse 2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
I. Daniel and John saw the same creature: notice the following links.
A. The difference between what Daniel saw and John saw.
1. Daniel saw four separate, distinct beasts, as he looked at the present kingdom of Babylon and the three kingdoms that would follow.
2. John, looking back in time, saw only one beast, a complete, fully developed composite of the four beasts Daniel saw. The four kingdoms Daniel saw are actually one kingdom, because all are pagan, none follow Christ and his eternal doctrines.
B. Daniel 2 - Nebuchadnezzar’s dream could not be remembered concerning a great image, which represents four beasts (kingdoms) to follow his reign.
1. The year of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream is approximately 603 B. C.
a. Daniel is a young man, just recently brought from Israel to Babylon, and just three or four years “out of pagan school”.
b. God is showing all he is establishing Daniel as his voice to this pagan nation.
2. Daniel 2:36-38 – the head of gold is Nebuchadnezzar.
3. Daniel 2:39 – There will be two more kingdoms follow the Babylon kingdom.
4. Daniel 2:40 – The fourth kingdom is represented by the feet/toes being part of iron and part of clay: partly strong and partly broken.
5. Daniel 2:43 – The mixture is the Anti-Christ kingdom mixes of erroneous “spiritual” and secular.
6. Daniel 2:44 – The final kingdom is the kingdom of Christ that last forever, beginning with the millennium and continuing into eternity.
C. Daniel 8 – during Belshazzar’s reign, Daniel received more instruction concering the times of the end of the world.
1. Daniel 8:1 reveals a continuation of the first vision; referring to Daniel 2:19, where Daniel receives a night vision concerning the interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar’s “unknown” vision.
2. Daniel 8:3-14 – The record of the vision Daniel received.
3. Daniel 3:15-27 – The vision is revealed to Daniel.
a. Verse 20 – the ram is the kingdom of the Medes/Persians.
b. Verse 21 – The rough goat is the kingdom of the Grecians (Greece) under Alexander the Great.
c. Verse 22 – The four kingdoms are the divisions of the Grecian kingdom after Alexander’s death.
1) Alexander had no legitimate heir, but Alexander IV was generally accepted by some.
2) Alexander’s four military generals divided the kingdom after Alexander’s death, beginning the Hellenistic Period of Greek history.
d. Verse 23 – in the latter time of their kingdom, when transgressions are come to the full – the Anti-Christ kindom is revealed.
D. Now we turn to Daniel 7:2-14.
1. This vision of Belshazzar takes place approximately 555 B. C., 48 years after Daniel chapter 2.
a. Daniel is still faithful to God.
b. The vision given to Nebuchadnezzar is repeated with more detail to his grandson, Belshazzar, the son of Nabonidus by Nitocris, who was the daughter of Nebuchadnezzar and the widow of Nergal-sharezer.
2. Allowing scripture to interpret scripture, we arrive at the following conclusions.
3. Daniel 7:3 – four beasts rise from the sea, revealing this vision is compariable to the vision of John in Revelation 13.
4. Daniel 7:4, the Babylon Empire is represented by the lion, refer to Daniel 2:38.
5. Daniel 7:5, the Median Persian Empire is represented by the bear, refer to Daniel 8:20.
6. Daniel 7:6, the Grecian Empire is represented by the leopard, refer to Daniel 8:21.
7. Daniel 7:7, the fourth kingdom is the Anti-Christ kingdom, having ten horns. 
II. The ten horns of the beast.
A. The seven heads, according to Revelation 17:9-11 relate to the historical kings during the time John wrote the book of Revelation.
1. Five of these kings, of the Caesar Dynasty, have ended their rule, one is ruling when John writes and there is one more to come.
a. (1) Julius Caesar,
b. (2) Tiberius Caesar
c. (3) Caligula Caesar
d. (4) Claudius Caesar
e. (5) Nero Caesar.
2. (6) The emperor of Rome in John's day was Domitian Caesar.
a. These six kings ended the Caesar Dynasty.
b. Yet the Bible says there is one yet to come.
c. If the Roman Empire is destroyed, why does John write that there is yet one king to rule?
d. Because reference is made to the Revived Roman Empire, a “revival” or strengthening of paganism in the entire world.
B. The ten horns, according to Revelation 17:12-18, relate to future kings who will aid the Anti-Christ establish himself as a world power.
C. Daniel 7:7-8 describes the fourth kingdom, the Roman Empire, as a dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong beast with great iron teeth, having ten horns.
1. This description informs that the Roman Empire, which ruled over all the known world, but “collapsed in a day”, will be revived in the last days for the sole purpose of aiding Satan establish his final world-wide kingdom.
2. This description complies with Revelation 17:10 which speaks of the seventh king, which must continue a short space with the Anti-Christ.
3. Revelation 17:11 describes the beast (the actual Anti-Christ) as the eighth king, who is of (from, or established by) the seventh king, and goeth into perdition (final, and total destruction).
D. Here is the current background of the establishment of the final Anti-Christ kingdom, represented by ten kings and ten kingdoms, revealed first in scripture, then in present reality.
1. Daniel 2.
a. Daniel 2:44 – Daniel referrs to the ten toes of the image in Nebuchadnezzars dream as kings. And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
b. The time of these ten kings, and their separate kingdoms, is when the God of heaven establishes his eternal kingdom.
c. This fact separates the ten kings from the king of Babylon, the king of Median/Persia, the king of Greece, and the king of Rome.
2. Daniel 7 reveals the Anti-Christ shall arise from these ten kings.
a. Daniel 7:7 – After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.
b. Daniel 7:23-27:
1) Daniel 7:20 gives a recapitulation of how the Anti-Christ shall come into power. And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
2) Daniel 7:24 – And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue (to bring low or to humble) three kings.
a) The horn that sudues three kings is the Anti-Christ.
b) He shall be diverse (changed or altered) from (out of, or by reason of) the first (the former).
(1) The Anti-Christ will change himself (he will say anything, or take any position necessary) in order, or do anything else he deems necessary, to rule the world.
(2) Proverbs 5:1-6 speaks of the wicked woman, whose ways are moveable, and we cannot know them.
(3) God on the other hand, changes not.
(4) Malachi 3:6 - For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
c) This Anti-Christ shall subdue (bring low or humble) three kings in order to establish himself as the final world-wide ruler.
d) Daniel 7:25 – The Anti-Christ shall speak great blaspemous words against God and shall rule 3½ years.
a. Revelation 12:3 – And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
b. Revelation 13:1 – And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
c. Revelation 17:3 – So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
d. Revelation 17:7 – And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
e. Revelation 17:12 – And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
f. Revelation 17:16 – And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
4. These ten kings and kingdoms will remain separate kings and kingdoms, but will unite in their efforts to establish a world-wide king and kingdom, which they will later destroy.
a. The United States of America is made up of 50 separate, distinct states, which are united together for the common good of all.
b. The “United States of Europe” are separate, distinct countries in Europe, which are united totgether for the common good of all.
5. There is much dispute as to which nations will comprise the ten kingdoms.
a. NATO (North Altantic Treaty Organization) currently (2009) has 28 member nations, designed to promote peace and trust between member nations and non-member nations.
1) EAPC (Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council) a multilateral forum created by NATO to improve relations between NATO and non-NATO countries.
2) Partnership for Peace – a NATO program directed toward creating trust between NATO and and other states in Europe.
3) There are currently more than 15 separate world-wide organizations of nations, operating under NATO, designed for the sole purpose of creating trust between various nations and groups of nations.
4) Some of these are:
a) Atlantic Council
b) Atlantic Treaty Association
c) Mediterranean Dialogue
d) Georgia–NATO relations
e) Canada and NATO
f) Ukraine–NATO relations
g) NATO–Russia relations
h) Accession of Croatia to NATO
i) Accession of Albania to NATO
j) Accession of Montenegro to NATO
k) Accession of Macedonia to NATO
b. The UN (United Nations) currently has more than 192 member nations, whose stated aims are facilitating cooperation in international law, international security, economic development, social progress, human rights, and the achieving of world peace.
1) The UN was founded in 1945 after World War II to replace the League of Nations, to stop wars between countries, and to provide a platform for dialogue.
2) It contains multiple subsidiary organizations to carry out its missions.
6. The conclusion of all this effort at world-wide organization to establish a final world-wide ruler results in only a 3½ year rule, which will collapse upon itself, because of the wickedness in the heart of every person. 
a. Revelation 13:2 reveals that the Antichrist receives his power and authority to reign as a king from the dragon.
b. Daniel 7:25 declares that the Antichrist shall receive the authority ...to speak great words against the most High, to wear out the saints of the most High and to change times and laws...until a time and times and the dividing of a time.
c. Daniel 8:24 proclaims ...his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power.
d. These scriptures all point to the Antichrist receiving his power, authority, and kingdom from someone other than himself.
7. Some may doubt that Satan has the privilege of giving a kingdom to anybody but Matthew 4:8-10 records that Satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world if He would fall down and worship him.
a. Jesus said in verse 10, Get thee hence, Satan; for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve.
b. Christ did not deny that Satan had the right to turn the kingdoms of the world over to Him.
c. Luke 4:6-7 states, ...all this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
8. Satan does have a kingdom, which has been given to him by God, just as Jesus received His kingdom from God.
a. Psalms 2:8-9 declares, Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
b. Daniel 7:14 declares And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
9. II Thessalonians 2:1-4 tells us that Satan will give his kingdom to someone who will sit in the temple at Jerusalem and act as if he is God. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. This person will be the Antichrist.
E. The dragon (the devil) gives the beast:
1. His power.
a. His strength, and inherent power, residing in him because of his nature, his natural ability to rule and control.
b. This strength will include the ability to perform miracles, and control wealth and influence.
2. His seat.
a. His throne.
b. This “royality” is similar to the royality of Christ, or any other earthly authority.
3. His great authority.
a. The word “great” indicates the authority of the beast is more than any other authority.
b. The beast will have Satan-given power of choice, the liberty to do as he pleases in all areas of government, both private and public.
III. A very short summer of how Satan’s kingdom will come to final destruction.
A. Satan’s kingdom may appear to be very strong, but it is composed of part iron and part clay, therefore it is not a strong kingdom and will be destroyed from within.
1. Daniel 2:43 – Satan’s imperfect joining together of “spiritual” and human.
2. Jesus Christ perfectly/completely joins together true spirtuality and humanity.
B. Revelation 17:15-17 describes the internal conflict of Satan’s kingdom as the ten horns who rule with the Anti-Christ hate Pagan Babylon (the “religious” part that joined together the nations of the world), and destroy her.
1. Revelation 17:17 gives the reason the ten horns will give their authority to the Anti-Christ kingdom, but the rule of Pagan Babylon over all the kings of the earth will not be easily or quickly relinquished.
2. Revelation 17:18 reveals Pagan Babylon must be destroyed by the Anti-Christ if he is rule the world, because Pagan Babylon reigns over the kings of the earth.
3. The Anti-Christ “shoots himself in the heart” when Pagan Babylon is destroyed because the economy of the world is destroyed along with that false religion.
a. True religion is not linked with this world, as Jesus instructed his disciples to lay up treasure in heaven, not on this earth – Matthew 6:17.
b. False religion always lays up treasure on this earth.
c. Revelation 18 describes the ruin of earthly treasures and the sorrow of men who see their wealth destroyed.
4. Notice: in order for Satan to establish his earthly rule, he must destroy all rule except his, devouring himself.
a. When Jesus establishes his rule over this earth, he also establishes faithful believers in their rule with him.
b. Romans 8:17 relates that believers are joint heirs with Christ, establishing the principle that Christ, unlike the devil, desires his children to rule with him.
c. The rule of Satan promised peace, harmony and fulfillment, but is filled with war, unrest, death, destruction and continuing misery.
C. Part of Satan’s misunderstanding which brings the destruction of his kingdom.
1. The economy plays a very important in the affairs of this world, while the economy doesn’t play a very important part in the affairs of the kingdom of God.
a. This world must have a way for funds to be provided to them, but God provides funds for all his works.
b. Today, liberals do not understand there must be production of a marketable product for profit.
c. The law of supply and demand exist even if liberals do not understand it.
2. Ezekiel 16:37 revealed that God caused the evil associates of Israel to destroy them, and God will cause the evil associates of the Anti-Christ kingdom to destroy itself, but the rule of Christ is the exact opposite; bring peace, tranquility and harmony. 
IV. The blasphemy of the Anti-Christ.
A. Define blasphemy:
1. A man is guilty of blasphemy, when he speaks of God, or his attributes, injuriously; when he calumniously ascribes such qualities to him as do not belong to him, or robs him of those which do.
2. In scripture this does not always refer to speaking evil of God, to which the word is now restricted.
3. The same Greek word is translated ‘railing’ in I Timothy 6:4 Jude 9; and “evil speaking” in Ephesians 4:31, as it might well be rendered elsewhere.
4. The law required the blasphemer to die.
a. Leviticus 24:10-16 records the blasphemy of an Israelite man whose father was an Egyptian.
b. Leviticus 24:16 records the blasphemer must die at the hands of those that heard him blaspheme.
B. The link between Satan, the Anti-Christ, and false religion is blasphemy.
1. Revelation 13:1 – And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2. Revelation 17:3 – So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
C. Satan does not need an excuse or reason to blaspheme God, but the sinful actions of believers often gives him excuse or reason to blaspheme. This point reveals the obligation of believers to be obedient to all the law/commandments of God.
1. II Samuel 12:14 - Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.
a. David’s sin against God in the matter of Bathsheba was well known to the enemies of God, therefore the child must die.
b. It might be one enemy of God is Joab, who knew why Uriah was put into the hottest part of the battle so he would die.
c. The death of the child reveals the judgment of God against David and Bathsheba, therefore the heathen would know sin is judged and is not covered up or excused.
2. Romans 2:24 – For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
a. This passage is written to the Church of Christ (a Baptist church) at Rome, Italy.
b. These believers had caused the Gentiles to blaspheme the name of God because of their willful disregard of the law of God.
c. The phrase “…as it is written” refers to David in II Samuel 12:14.
3. I Timothy 6:1 – Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.
a. A practical example of believers causing unbelievers to blaspheme God is when employers complain about their employers.
b. It is easy to accept the decisions of a wise employer, but the decisions of foolish employers should also be accepted and honor given, not because good decisions were made, but because all servants should honor their masters.
D. Satan will blaspheme without an excuse from believers because they hate God and all he stands for.
1. Psalms 74:10 – O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever?
a. The context of this passage reveals the reproach of Israel is long with no end in sight.
b. It is not that Israel was facing destruction at Satan’s hand, but God’s nation desired complete victory at that time, and desired to see God exalted to his glory in their time.
c. We are not much different in that regard to Israel.
d. Psalm 74:18 is a prayer that God will remember the blasphemies of the wicked and will recompense their wickedness.
2. Revelation 13:4-6 describes a 42-month period when the Anti-Christ shall openly blaspheme God, his name (power, authority and ability), his place of worship, and all who dwell in heaven (whom he cannot touch, hurt or destroy).
3. Revelation 16:1-11 describes the blasphemy of unbelievers when the final vials of God’s wrath are poured out on them.
a. Revelation 16:9 – And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
b. Revelation 16:11 – And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.
c. Revelation 16:19 – And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.
E. God will judge all the blasphemy against himself.
1. The dragon will, of necessity, attempt to destroy all religious faith (even erroneous faith) because he will be worshipped above all.
2. The Great Whore of Revelation 17 will, according to 17:16 hate the whore and will destroy her to their great dismay.
a. The Great Whore is all religions that are against God, whoever they are.
b. Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Bahá'í Faith, religions of Africa, or all the other continents.
c. Catholicism (which means “universal”) has attempted to bring all religions together under one umbrella by declaring all religions worship the same God, but with different names, customs, so forth.
3. Revelation 17:16 declares the ten kings shall destroy the Great Whore, but they will be destroyed by God at the end of time.
4. Satan will also be destroyed in the Lake of Fire, because he has blasphemed against God. 
Verse 3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
I. This verse, along with Revelation 17:8, has led many to believe that Satan actually raises the Beast from the dead.
A. Revelation 17:8 – The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
1. The beast is interpreted here as a man.
2. The early church according to early writings believed that this beast is a man.
3. They did, however, fail to agree as to the actual identity of this beast.
a. Some thought it to be Judas Iscariot; others thought it was Nero, while still others thought it was a reference to the whole Roman Empire.
b. Back during events leading to the second-world war, there were those who advocated Hitler and Mussolini as the beast.
1) Hitler killed as many as 17,000,000 civilians, of whom approximately 6,000,000 were Jews targeted in a genocide known as the Holocaust.
2) Mussolini, 7/29/83 – 4/28/45, developed Italian Fascism, taking the side of Germany (Hitler). The Italians executed him, and took his body to Milan where it was hanged upside down, as public confirmation of his death.
c. Some have advocated Henry Kissinger as being the Anti-Christ. (Kis-sin-ger)
B. Then there are those who hold the view that the Beast here refers to the Roman Empire over which the Beast rules.
1. This view teaches that the Roman Empire did not really die but lives on or is to be revived in the nations of Europe that were a part of Imperial Rome.
2. This revival will come about largely by some man who will be the Beast, who will come on the scene and put the fragments of the empire back together again.
a. I think personally that the most truth is found in this last view.
b. Satan cannot raise the dead, but he does have vast powers and subtlety capable of raising a nation in defiance of God and Christ.
C. The Beast then is a man with an earthly kingdom given to him by Satan, who will exhibit a counterfeit and imitation resurrection.
1. This will be the great delusion; the great lie of the Tribulation period.
2. His stroke of death was healed:
a. This is nothing short of a blasphemous imitation of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
b. World conditions today are definitely paving the way for Anti-Christ.
c. There is a cry today for world government and world religion.
d. The rise of the European Common Market and its rapid growth, now including its own currency, and some form of army, is a strong indication of the coming of this world dictator.
e. Not to forget the work of this economic union on the battlefield in an increasing number of countries in Eastern Europe including Bosnian and Serbian conflicts.
f. Let no man be fooled and say this could not ever happen.
g. After world War One, men said just that, and in no time, we faced the guns of Hitler, Mussolini, and the bombs of Japan at Pearl Harbor.
3. II Thessalonians 2:8-12 unveils the wicked Anti-Christ kingdom, which destroys all those who reject Christ and his kingdom.
D. How could it be possible for the Anti-Christ to take over the governments of the entire world? An example of “Climate control”.
1. Climate control fruitcakes wanted a treaty ready for signing in December of this year (2009), but declare that is physically impossible now (October, 2009).
2. These people truly believe if a treaty is not signed in 2010, it will be too late to reverse “global warming trends”.
3. They hope to have all the details worked out in the climate control summit, which takes place in Copenhagen, Denmark; so the treaty can be signed next year.
4. Interestingly enough, almost 50 years ago, John Foster Dulles, secretary of state under President Eisenhower, proclaimed treaties took precedence over the U. S. Constitution, which of, course, it does not.
5. Treaties do take precedence over state law, but not federal law.
6. So we see how a supposedly innocuous thing as climate control leads to “cap and trade” and worldwide socialism as funds are transferred from wealthy nations to poverty nations when carbon credits are purchased and sold.
E. When any nation forsakes God, the result will also be his judgment, so it is with world governments today, as God is forsaken worldwide.
II. There is only one head wounded to death, not all the heads.
A. It is a “head” that is wounded to death, not one of the horns.
1. The head refers to the seven kings of the Caesar dynasty.
2. The horns refer to the ten kings that will rule during the time of the Anti-Christ kingdom, and give their authority and power so the Anti-Christ can rule.
B. Revelation 13:14 reveal the wound came by a sword, which reminds me of Christ being wounded for our transgressions.
1. There are many different thoughts as to what the wound by the sword means.
a. Alexander Hislop, The Two Babylonians, believes the wound is afflicted on the second beast, Revelation 13:11, which is the Virgin Mary, in anti-type; as the image of the beast, Revelation 13:14.
b. Mythology asserts that Mary was killed by the sword of one of her sons and carried into heaven by her son and made “Queen of the Universe”. Her Babylonian name means “the image”.
2. Whatever mythology declares, the real truth is in Jesus Christ and his holy, eternal word, not in all the illogical ramifications of mysticism.
C. When the deadly wound is healed, the world wonders after the beast and worships him, but the world refuses to worship Christ, who died and was raised from the dead.
1. The world denies the holocaust, even though it is highly advertised with all kinds of proof, because to admit the holocaust is equal to admitting God has judged them and restored them as a nation – a miracle.
2. To admit the failure of the holocaust is to admit the guilt of those that caused that terrible annihilation of millions of people.
3. Many deny the holocaust because it is in their hearts to commit their own holocaust.
4. They will not admit blame to others, as that would be the same as admitting blame to themselves.
a. Five star General Dwight D. Eisenhower, upon viewing the prison camps called in all photographers he could muster, saying, “Some [person] will come along and deny all this.” (See “It seems impossible” ..\..\Videos\ITSEEMSIMPOSSIBLE.pps
b. The world does not wonder at the revival of the nation of Israel to nation status, yet will wonder at the restoration of the Anti-Christ kingdom. Is this the result of “advertising” (repeating a lie over and over until it “becomes” the truth) or spiritual blindness?
5. The revival and restoration of the Anti-Christ kingdom is no more than imitating the nation of Israel; and the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ; whom Satan hates. 
Verse 4-10 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? 5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. 9 If any man have an ear, let him hear. 10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
I. When the dragon is worshipped, Satan is being worshipped.
A. It is very apparent every religion is not the same.
1. Satanic religions worship Satan, not God.
2. Catholicism and Protestants worship Christ, but are “flavored” with false worship.
3. It is likely believers are in every religion, but there comes a time when every believer must stand for Christ and his eternal truths.
B. October 31, 1999, Karla LaVey, daughter of Anton LaVey (author of The Satanic Bible, 1969) formed the First Satanic Church, because of the lack of a satanic presence and is dedicated to the study of Satanism and the occult sciences.
1. Isaiah 14:12-20 describes the long sought after desire of Satan’s wicked heart.
2. II Thessalonians 2:3-5 describes the time when Satan will sit in the “throne of God” and be worshipped.
C. The Beast (The Anti-Christ kingdom and the man who is the Anti-Christ) will also be worshipped.
1. If we can divide the trinity (?), believers worship God and Jesus Christ, but do not worship the Holy Spirit, whose role is to direct all worship toward God and Jesus Christ.
a. John 15:26 – But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
b. John 16:13-14 – Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
2. Revelation 13:12 explains the role of the second beast: to direct all worship toward the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed, which copies the “Holy Trinity”.
II. It is remarkable nobody thinks of peace, but war.
A. The Anti-Christ comes into power because he promises peace, Revelation 6:2, but delivers war and the results war always brings.
1. The world has long sought after peace, but their peace is not the peace God gives, or freedom.
2. Communism defined peace as control, so the world defines peace.
3. Unbelievers will speak of the warfare of the beast, not the peace he gives.
4. This final satanic kingdom will be forced on the world, but the kingdom of God is never forced upon anybody.
5. Luke 2:13-14 - And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
a. The angels are proclaiming peace through Christ, not peace from war.
b. Jesus preached, in Matthew 24, that there would never be peace on the earth until he establishes peace.
B. Christ always gives great, lasting peace, beyond description.
1. John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
2. John 16:33 – These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
3. Believers often speak of the peace of God in determining the will of God, and the peace God gives through the many trials of life.
4. God gives men a “choice” of whether to serve him or not, but Satan gives no choice. Satan’s kingdom reminds me of some of the Muslims who cut off the heads of their opposition.
5. Christ will allow unbelievers to go to hell because that is their choice.
C. Many disagree with justified war today, but not with unjustifiable wars during the Great Tribulation.
1. Justifiable wars are against wickedness while unjustifiable wars are against God’s righteousness.
2. The war the Anti-Christ will wage is against the saints of God, therefore unjustifiable.
D. It is amazing that nobody understands it is God who gives the dragon his power.
1. The phrase “was given unto him” is found two times in verse 5 and one time in verse 7.
2. Unbelievers reject Christ and his authority over them and Satan, but accept the authority of Satan!
3. All are under and responsible to authority, whether it is realized or not.
4. Satan gives the illusion of self-authority, while controlling that individual with sins and the consequence of those sins.
5. Christ allows true self-authority, setting that individual free from their sins and the consequence of those sins, rewarding them eternal peace, joy, happiness and contentment.
III. The strength of believers: remembering God is still in control.
A. The sovereign God will permit Satan to work his lies and exercise his power.
1. Evil will have its day, and run its course.
2. Then it will end in the Judgment of Almighty God.
2. Because God has granted this evil world to continue, therefore Satan continues to reveal his wicked nature to all. It is easy to see Satan’s personality revealed in his actions.
D. The Anti-Christ blasphemies:
2. his name [authority, power],
3. tabernacle and,
4. them that dwell in heaven.
E. Note “it was given unto him,” revealing the only thing Satan can do is what God allows him to do.
IV. Verse 7 – Satan overcomes believers.
A. This war is against saints of God, indicating there will be many saints alive during the Great Tribulation period and many believers will die in that unjustifiable war.
1. It seems right that God would give immediate earthly victory to his followers.
a. God delivered Daniel from the lion’s den, and Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego from the burning fiery furnace.
b. God gave Israel many victories, and has given his local churches many victories.
2. Sometimes, however, God allows Satan to have power over believers who firmly trust in him for deliverance.
a. Revelation 5:9 records the new song in eternity will be about our redemption because Jesus was slain for our sins.
1) Jesus’ death was not defeat, but paved the way to eternal victory.
2) Persecution by Satan and defeat standing for the truth results in eternal victory.
b. Hebrews 11:36-38 records many faithful defenders of God’s eternal faith suffered and died for believing in Christ.
3. God does not always give victory, as we see it, but he always gives victory.
a. In the movie, Facing the Giants, would God be praised if the team had lost the game?
b. In the movie, Flywheel, would God be praised if the used car salesman lost his car lot and his house?
4. Job 13:15 - Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
a. The principle declared in this first written book of the Bible is faithfulness to God regardless of circumstances.
b. Job’s friends erred in believing God would always materially bless on this temporary earth if he were faithfully serving God, which is why they accused him of secret wrongdoing.
c. The story of the rich man and Lazarus should be proof that God sometimes allows his faithful servants to suffer on this earth. It must be understood service to God is not because of earthly blessings, but heavenly rewards.
d. It does not seem right that Christ would allow Judas Iscariot to be an apostle, to perform miracles, and to be taught of him, but the lesson is that we should worship God and him alone, regardless of what we think, see, or happens to us.
B. Those in heaven do not worship Satan, his Anti-Christ, or any aspect of his kingdom.
V. Revelation 13:9-10 is a final admonition to hear and believe the precious gospel of Christ.
A. The consequence of doing evil is recompensed with that same evil.
1. The immediate, earthly gratification is not the patience or faith of the saints.
2. It is necessary to see the final, end result of all actions, whether good or evil.
3. Whoever captures and leads others into captivity will themselves be captured and led into captivity.
4. Whoever kills with the purpose of overcoming will themselves be killed and overcome.
5. The patience and faith of saints is seen in waiting for God to execute righteous judgment.
B. The patience and faith of the saints is seen in faithfulness to God in the midst of defeat.
1. It is easy to trust God when things are going good, but difficult to trust when bad things happen.
2. Matthew 5:3-12 - See what Jesus declared in the “beatitudes”: being faithful when negative things happen reaps eternal rewards.
3. The beatitudes we would write:
a. Verse 3: Blessed are the proud for they shall have their way.
b. Verse 4: Blessed are the happy for they are worth it.
c. Verse 5: Blessed are those that seek after the bounty of this world for they shall receive it.
d. Verse 6: Blessed are those who practice “the end justifies the means”.
e. Verse 7: Blessed are those who force their will on others.
f. Verse 8: Blessed are those who follow their heart because they are god.
g. Verse 9: Blessed are the warriors because they shall rule.
h. Verse 10: Blessed are those who are self-assertive, for they will have their say.
i. Verse 11: Blessed are those who “take no lip” from anybody.
j. Verse 12: Blessed are those who are rich for nobody dares persecute them. 
Verse 11-12 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
I. Beginning with this verse, the unholy trinity is complete.
A. Dragon = God the Father;
B. The Beast (Anti-Christ) = Jesus Christ;
1. Jesus is the God/man – all man and all God.
2. The Beast is composed of two parts: the religious part and the secular part, headed up by the Anti-Christ.
C. Another beast (unholy spirit) = Holy Spirit of God.
1. The Unholy Spirit of Satan produces the image of the beast, which causes all to worship the Anti-Christ (or die), is able to do great miracles and carry out the decrees of the Dragon.
2. The Holy Spirit does not speak of himself, rather turns all attention toward the eternal truths of God. John 16:13 – Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
a. The modern charismatic movement constantly portrays how the “holy spirit” speaks of itself, urging its adherents to worship “in the spirit” by speaking in tongues (unknown gibberish) and interpreting dreams, visions, and other such nonsense.
b. This point should be enough to convince all believers this is a false religion.
c. The increase in supposed miracles, signs and wonders in the last days is another important point that reveals Satan behind the increase.
II. This beast comes from the earth.
A. The first beast comes from the sea, from the tumultuous affairs of the wickedness of men.
B. Many believe this second beast is a man, some even giving names to the second beast.
1. The scriptures state there is a second beast, but does not give a name, any more than the scriptures give the Anti-Christ a name.
2. God does not instruct his followers to look for a name, rather to look for him.
C. This beast speaks of “natural worship” associated with the flesh.
1. This second beast leads men in fleshly worship.
2. God created animals with souls, as they are living creatures, and it is with this natural soul that men worship and serve Satan and his Anti-Christ, and is led into false worship.
a. Genesis 1:24-25 – And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. 25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth.
b. Ecclesiastes 3:21 – Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
1) The Hebrew word for creature is “nephesh”, which means “soul”, “life”, or “heart”.
2) Animals do not have a spirit, therefore no eternity, but they have emotions.
3) Lost people have a spirit, but it is dead to spiritual values.
4) Lost people have emotions, and it is emotions with which they worship, not in spirit and in truth.
5) The popular slogan “follow your heart” very appropriately explains this type of worship.
3. The two horns relate to imitating Jesus Christ, who is the true Lamb of God.
a. The true Lamb of God takes away sins, while the Anti-Christ multiplies sins.
b. This beast would speak of loving everyone, except Christians, and is therefore, very dangerous.
4. This beast speaks as a dragon.
a. I Corinthians 2:9-16 states, But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
b. Men, in their natural condition, always speak as Satan speaks.
c. It is only when God gives us a new mind that we are able to think and speak as God speaks. 
Verse 13-14 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
I. The Unholy Spirit leads in “soul” worship, therefore performing greater and greater miracles, signs and wonders is an integral part of this satanic “soul” worship.
A. Matthew 12:38-40, Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah: For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
1. Jesus refused to perform a miracle, but explained that miracles pointed to Jesus and his resurrection from the dead.
2. Luke 23:8 – Jesus did not perform a miracle for Herod, even though doing so might have “saved his life”.
B. Miracles do not make for strong Christians.
II. A brief history of Biblical miracles.
A. Beginning with Moses and Aaron, there were only nine people in the entire Old Testament and 85 in the New Testament who performed miracles.
1. In the Old Testament.
a. Exodus 4:3 – the first miracle when the world was approximately 2450 years old.
b. Joshua, Samson, Samuel, a prophet of Judah, Elijah, Elisha, and Isaiah conclude the miracle workers of the Old Testament.
2. In the New Testament.
a. Jesus Christ.
b. Luke 10:1-16 – The seventy Jesus sent out.
c. Matthew 10:1-5 – The twelve disciples and apostles Jesus sent out.
d. Acts 3:6 – Peter.
e. Acts 19:11-12 – Paul.
f. Acts 6:8 and Acts 8:7 – Stephen and Philip.
B. The principle of Miracle Manifestation.
1. This world began with a very great miracle – creation. Satan performed no miracle.
2. As the world ages, Jesus’ miracles continually diminish, while Satan’s miracles escalate.
3. When the world ends, Christ will refrain from peforming miracles and Satan will be allowed to perform more and more miracles.
C. The purpose of miracles.
1. Christ – to reveal his power to save to the uttermost.
a. John 20:30-31 - And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
b. John 10:24-25 - Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me.
2. Satan – to deceive to eternal destruction.
a. Revelation 13:13-14 – And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast…
b. Matthew 24:21-25 – For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before.
III. Here is a great wonder - bringing fire down from heaven in the sight of men.
A. Men must see this great miracle in order to be deceived by the miracle.
1. Christ never did miracles to be seen of men, restraining himself so people would not seek miracles, but seek true faith in Christ.
a. John 7:1-9 – Jesus explained to his brothers that it was not time for him to reveal himself at the feast at Jerusalem, although they thought every man wants others to see what they can do.
b. Jesus did not perform miracles to be seen of men, but to show them who he was – the only begotten Son of God.
2. Satan desires men to see his miracles that they might be deceived.
B. It must be remembered that miracles do not make for strong Christians.
1. The first recorded miracle was by Moses in Egypt, but the Egyptians did not believe, and Israel wanted more miracles.
2. The nation of Israel continually rebelled against God before they got to the wilderness and in the wilderness, even though they had witnessed the ten miracles in Egypt.
3. God continually supplied the daily necessities of Israel in the wilderness, yet those miracles went unnoticed.
4. Jesus Christ performed many miracles during his earthly ministry, but he was rejected by men and finally crucified.
C. Fire coming down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men is intended to direct the fleshly hearts of men to worship Satan.
1. Revelation 17:16-17 indicates this second beast will exterminate the harlot church, with its humanistic and mystic symbolism (Christmas and Easter and all the various doctrines that relate even remotely to Jesus Christ).
2. Then the second beast will re-direct worship toward a new religion – Satanic worship, as people will believe Satan is “good” and will bless and help them.
3. II Thessalonians 2:4 will then be fulfilled, Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
IV. The principle of power manifestation revealed in fire coming down from heaven.
A. There will be a definite exchange of power manifestation between God and Satan, but there is no exchange of power.
1. God began this earth with the greatest miracle of instantaneous creation, while Satan had no miracles at all.
2. As time progresses toward Satan’s earthly kingdom, God will manifest his power less and Satan will be allowed to manifest his power more.
B. The miracle of fire has always been reserved to God.
1. Genesis 19:24 - Fire and brimstone upon Sodom and Gomorrah. There is no doubt that God destroyed these wicked cities because of their great sins against Him and each other.
2. Exodus 3:2 - Moses seeing the burning bush that was not consumed; a sign that God was in the fire.
3. Exodus 9:23,24 - The seventh plague on Egypt. Fire running along the ground. Hail and fire mixed. A sure sign that God is judging Egypt.
4. Exodus 13:21, 40:38, Num. 9:15-17, Deut. 1:33 - A pillar of fire leading Israel by night; a sign of God's leadership over Israel.
5. Leviticus 9:24 - Fire consuming the offering in the tabernacle. This fire from heaven showed that God accepted the work of Moses and the people in building the tabernacle and in giving the offering.
6. Leviticus 10:2 - Abihu and Nadab (sons of Aaron) destroyed by fire from God for offering “strange fire” before God. This proved that it was not yet time for this “Satanic fire.”
7. Numbers 16:35 - Fire from the Lord consumed those offering incense, who were associated with Korah in his rebellion against Moses.
8. I Kings 18:38 - Fire consuming the offering in the days of drought in Elijah's day. This proved that God was stronger than the false god “Baal.”
9. II Kings 1:10,12 - Fire from God destroying Elijah's enemies. This certainly left a fear in the hearts of others concerning God and His servant, Elijah.
10. I Chronicles 21:26 - When David sinned in numbering Israel, God sent a plague of death on the Jews. This was stopped when David offered an offering to God and God accepted the offering by sending fire from heaven to consume it.
11. II Chronicles 4:1 - Fire in the days of Solomon marked the acceptance of the temple prepared by David and built by Solomon.
C. As the last days draw near, however, God will relinquish this miracle to Satan so people will be deceived.
1. II Thessalonians 2:11 - And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2. Matthew 24:24 - For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
D. Now, compare Rev. 11:5 - ...fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed, speaking of God's two witnesses, with verse 7: the devil himself comes out of the bottomless pit to kill them.
1. This act supposedly shows Satan's power over God's servants and over God Himself.
2. The devil causing fire to come down from heaven in their sight (Rev. 13:13) deceives the unbelievers into thinking that he has defeated God and now God must do all Satan tells Him to do.
3. The Scriptures also tell us that Satan, ...as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God (II Thessalonians 2:4).
4. During the tribulation period, Satan will be allowed the miracle of fire from heaven to deceive the people who have refused Christ as their personal savior. 
V. The inhabitants of the world are commanded to make an image to the beast.
A. This is idolatry, which is against the Scriptures, but idolatry that today fills many churches.
1. God gives commandment against idolatry, yet Satan gives command for idolatry!
2. The Bible does not declare exactly what this image should look like, but it seems logical the image has the appearance of the beast or describes the various attributes of the beast.
a. Daniel 3 – Nebuchadnezzar constructed a golden image to be worshipped.
1) This image apparently had no symbolism.
2) The image of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream in Daniel 2 symbolized the various future worldwide kingdoms.
b. It seems probably to me that God will put into the hearts of the wicked to construct an idol that resembles the attributes of Satan’s kingdom as described in Daniel and Revelation.
c. The world loves symbols (logos) to describe people, companies, and countries, as a look at the logo brings the reality to mind.
1) Mohammed and his followers claimed God called them to fight against idolatry wherever they found it.
2) The religion of the last days and the Great Tribulation will be marked with a violent increase in idolatry.
3. All are required to worship the image of the beast.
B. The command to construct an image to the beast is exactly the opposite of God’s command to build the tabernacle.
1. The image of the beast is a visible object to be worshipped. The image of the beast is an addition to the unholy trinity (Satan, Anti-Christ [the beast that comes from the sea], and false prophet [the beast which comes from the earth]).
2. The tabernacle (which is not be worshipped) is a visible object representing a heavenly object. The entire tabernacle and each individual object of the tabernacle points to the various attributes of God who is worshipped in spirit and in truth.
C. This image is mentioned three times in Revelation 13:14 and 15 and six other verses in the book of Revelation. Note the progression of idolatry and the consequences of idolatry.
1. Revelation 14:9 - And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand. Verse 10 continues by revealing the earthly consequences of worshipping the beast, his image and receiving the mark of the beast.
2. Revelation 14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Verse 11 continues by revealing the eternal consequences of worshipping the beast and his image and receiving the mark of the beast.
3. Revelation 15:2 - And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. This verse reveals the eternal consequences of not worshipping the beast, his image, or receiving the mark of the beast.
4. Revelation 16:2 - And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image. This verse discloses the earthly consequences of false worship as previously stated in Revelation 14:10,11.
5. Revelation 19:20 - And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. These verses divulge the Anti-Christ (who came from the sea) and the false prophet (who came from the earth) is cast into the Lake of Fire. There is no mention of the image of the beast being cast into the Lake of Fire, even though the image has a type of life. At the extreme, the image of the beast will be burned up when the world is destroyed, but it will probably be destroyed at the end of the Great Tribulation, as it is never mentioned after the close of the Tribulation.
6. Revelation 20:4 - And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. Again, we see the eternal victory of those that refuse to worship the dragon, the beast, the false prophet, the image of the beast, or receive the mark of the beast.
D. This image is the abomination of desolation.
1. Matthew 24:15-16 - When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
2. Daniel 9:27 - And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
E. This is probably a good time to note some of the things that will happen at the middle of the Great Tribulation, when the image of the beast is revealed, and set up in the temple of Jerusalem (the holy place).
1. Daniel 9:27 – The seven-year treaty made by the Anti-Christ will be broken.
2. Revelation 11 – The two witnesses will be killed and resurrected in the sight of all the earth and be taken to heaven.
3. The abomination of desolation (the image of the beast with the command that all worship the image) will be established in Jerusalem and intense persecution against the Jews will commence.
4. Revelation 17:16 – Pagan Babylon will be destroyed, along with all her financial enterprises, Revelation 18. (Probably a new world order to finances will be established, which shall quickly fail.)
5. II Thessalonians 2:4 – Satan will establish himself as God in the temple of God, therefore all worship except worship directed toward Satan will be ended.
6. Revelation 11:14 – The end of the second woe (the sounding of the sixth trumpet), the beginning of the third woe (the sounding of the seventh trumpet, which is the beginning of the seven vials of God wrath, which ends the Great Tribulation.)
7. Revelation 14:1-5 records the great rejoicing in heaven.
8. Revelation 14:6-7 records the continual preaching of the gospel by an angel after believers are killed, and it seems Satan has final and complete authority. 
Verse 15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
I. The image receives life from Satan, not God.
A. A miracle designed by Satan to declare he now controls life and death.
1. He has the power to give life, and he has the power to take life away.
2. Satan gives life to the image of the beast and will kill those who do not worship the image of the beast.
B. If this is not “real” life, and it may not be as the image of the beast is not cast into the Lake of Fire nor does Christ judge the image, it is life enough to deceive.
1. This life could be something similar to cloning, if verse 15 speaks of cloning.
2. It does not appear to be cloning, but actually giving life or at least what appears to be life to the image of the beast.
3. This could be some type of “miracle” of science, as a “living robot”.
C. The image of the beast receiving life has already begun.
1. The many images of the “Virgin Mary” that supposedly weep real tears, which sometimes are blood, reveal the power of Satan is steadily increasing in this age, before the Great Tribulation.
2. There are many miracle-working charlatans today, but there are also satanic filled miracle workers.
3. As time progresses and Satan’s kingdom nears completion, mighty miracles will be performed that, if possible, shall even deceive the very elect of God: Matthew 24:24.
II. The power of the image of the beast is two fold: (1) to speak and (2) to cause death. The word “both” reveals the two fold abilities of the image of the beast.
A. The image of the beast has power to speak: Satanic miracles today are leading up to this “final” miracle, the joining together of the “religious” and the secular.
1. The “religious” element.
a. Many major religions continually use the façade of miracles to increase “soul” worship, and build their coffers.
b. The “miracle of Medjugorje” (Yugoslavia) has attracted thousands since June 1981.
1) An image of the Virgin Mary supposedly communicates through “feelings” that the time of destruction is near and that it is the time for forgiveness and healing.
2) There is a main “Medjugorje Center” located in Fargo, North Dakota.
c. November 2005 – At the Vietnamese Catholic Martyrs Church, Sacramento, California, an outdoor statue of the Virgin Mary appears to be shedding tears of blood.
d. In the Russian Orthodox Church of Our Lady the Joy of All Who Sorrow, located in Philadelphia, PA an icon of St. Righteous Anna was found to have been weeping myrrh since November, 2004.
e. February 2003 - Thousands of people in the Bangladeshi port city of Chittagong are flocking to a Roman Catholic church where tears are reported to have been seen on a statue of the Virgin Mary. Many of those visiting the church are Muslims, eager to see what some locals believe is a sign of the Virgin's dismay over the recent outbreak of violence in the country and elsewhere in the world. Roman Catholic believers say it is the first time in Bangladesh that tears have been seen on a statue of the Virgin Mary.
f. January 2003 - Associated Press – A delegation from the Romanian Orthodox Church arrived at a church in the village of Musetesti, west Romania, to investigate the claims made by the two workers who claimed to have seen the Virgin Mary crying on January 2. Local parish priest Aurel Chiana said the tears had been seen for four consecutive days after that. He told local media: “It is a sign from God, but I cannot say if it's a good or bad sign.” The delegation is continuing investigations into the claims and taking statements from other people who say they saw the Virgin Mary crying. The claims come just weeks after reports of tears coming from a statue of the Virgin Mary in a church in Giurgiu, southern Romania.
g. Lewis, Kansas 1996 - An egg-shaped plaster image of the Madonna, six inches high, had hung for a year in the trailer home of Thomas and Margarita Holguin in Lewis, Kansas, without incident. But in the pre-dawn hours of 12 December 1996, Margarita Holguin turned on the lights and saw what looked like tears in the eyes of the statue of Our Lady of Guadalupe. The phenomenon lasted throughout the following day, and then the tears turned blood red, the couple said. December 12, the day Mrs. Holguin first noticed the tears, is the day on which the appearance of the Guadalupe Virgin in Mexico in 1531 is commemorated.
h. There are many such incidents recorded on the web page: http://theunexplainedmysteries.com/weeping-statues.html
i. All of these “miracles” are a precursor to the image of the beast being able to speak.
j. It seems reasonable to assume the image of the beast uses his voice to command the world to worship the image of the beast, and to give commandment to kill those who refuse to worship.
2. The “secular” element.
a. Fortunetellers and soothsayers have been popular for a “nervous” people for many years.
b. Many people watched “Bewitched”, thinking it was a harmless comedy, but the program was preparation for other devil programming.
c. The Smurf’s was (and I suppose is) a popular children’s cartoon, which promotes “good magic” by chants and enchantments.
d. There is a difference between magic and “slight of hand”.
e. Disney promotes many movies about good witches and how they help children in distress.
f. The popularity of the Harry Potter series gives an indication of the seduction of Satan.
3. The image of the beast will be a joining together of the “religious” and the “secular”.
a. The natural desire of people will be fulfilled in “soul” worship of natural elements.
b. The natural worship will, of course, be finally directed toward Satan.
B. The image of the beast has power to bring death to those that will not worship the image of the beast.
1. Those will be killed who will not worship the image of the beast.
2. Paganism often forces adherents, while Christ always desires willing worship.
a. Compare to Hitler, Mussolini, or Stalin, or Muslims.
b. Many wars have been fought trying to force compliance on unwilling participants.
3. It seems strange to us that men would want to worship an image they concocted, instead of worshipping Satan himself.
4. We remember the worship of an idol is against the commandments of God; therefore Satan devises this type of worship to himself.
a. It is natural for men to worship images, symbols and signs, therefore they willingly worship the image they have created, and do not realize they are worshipping the works of their own hands.
b. Today, men who believe their works aid God in saving them from their sins are also unwittingly worshipping the works of their own hands. 
Verse 16-17 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
A. All will be required to take the mark of the beast.
1. The word “both” describes the two categories of people that receive the mark of the beast.
a. “Small and great” describes people from the least to the greatest.
b. “Rich and poor” describes people of every degree of material possessions.
2. Often the wealthy and famous are exempt from the difficulties of the poor and common, but that is not the case here. All who agree with Satan and receive his mark will suffer the consequences.
3. Receiving the mark of the beast will not be considered evil.
a. It is a means of doing business, and will be considered good, honorable, and very necessary.
b. It is actually a means of control, but it will not appear as controlling, but exercising freedom.
B. The mark shall be in a particular place, either in the right hand or the forehead.
1. Having the mark on the body would eliminate the need to carry a card, which could be lost, stolen, or otherwise misused.
2. Buying or selling would require the identification mark from both purchaser and seller, whether individual or organization.
3. The acceptance of small facial tattoos (even among some “Christians”), and other facial markings (nose rings, lip rings, so forth) reveal both men and women like the “decoration” and willingly acknowledge being identified with Satan.
II. The mark of the beast is both physical and mental; and identifies the possessor.
A. As a physical mark it physically identifies with the cause associated with that mark.
1. The mark identified an evil person – Genesis 4:15 - And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. It is as impossible to tell exactly what this mark is as it is impossible to tell exactly what the mark of the beast is.
2. The mark identified a Godly person – Galatians 6:17 - From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
3. It must be noted that this is an either/or proposition.
a. God will be served, or Satan will be served.
b. Revelation 7:3 speaks of the sealing of 144,000 Israelites as an identifying symbol of God’s service and protection, which identifies and protects.
B. As a mental identifier.
1. Job 18:2 - How long will it be ere ye make an end of words? mark, and afterwards we will speak.
2. Psalms 37:37 - Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
3. Job 22:15 - Hast thou marked the old way which wicked men have trodden?
4. I Samuel 1:12 - And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth.
C. It identifies and targets the individual to reflect the determined end.
1. I Samuel 20:20 - And I will shoot three arrows on the side thereof, as though I shot at a mark.
a. The instructions reflected the determined end.
b. If Jonathan told the young man the arrows were on this side, David would know there was peace, and he could return.
c. If Jonathan told the young man the arrows were beyond, David would know Saul was determined to kill him, and he should flee for his life.
2. Job 16:12 - I was at ease, but he hath broken me asunder: he hath also taken me by my neck, and shaken me to pieces, and set me up for his mark.
a. Job felt God had made him a target for Satan.
b. Job understood none of this, but was willing to patiently endure it all.
3. Ezekiel 9:4 – God commanded a mark to be made upon the foreheads of those that mourned the wickedness of the land.
a. This mark identified and protected.
b. All those without the identifying and protecting mark of God were killed.
c. Revelation 7:2,3 – The same principle is applied to the 144,000 Jews who were sealed in their foreheads – to keep them from the coming destruction.
4. Philippians 3:14 - I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
a. Paul is urgently pursuing the target, which will enable him to receive the promised award.
b. The high calling of God in Christ Jesus is to hear him say, “Well done, thou good and faithful servant…”
D. The mark will be in the right hand or the forehead.
1. The placement of the mark reflects both the physical and mental identifier.
2. The mark will be one of three things:
a. The mark (icon) of the beast.
b. The name (the proper term that identifies) of the beast.
c. The number (666) of his name.
3. The mark will be easily seen.
a. Some might object to such a mark on the person; but the recent acceptance of tattoos, nose, lip, and eyebrow rings show how easily the objection is overcome.
b. The mark will proudly convey adherence to Satan’s earthly kingdom, daring those in non-compliance.
E. The mark of the beast allows buying and selling.
1. The extent of Satan’s power is seemingly limitless.
2. The essentials of life cannot be bought or sold, therefore noncompliant people will not live long, and will certainly not have the luxuries or necessities of life as long as they live; and they will be constantly pursued by those that have received the mark, therefore there will be no escape.
a. The essentials of life include more than food, raiment and clothing.
b. Also included are medical attention, medicine, and utilities (electricity, running water, housing, all kinds of long-distance communication whether electronic or postal).
c. The separation from “accepted” society will plague all believers until they have no place on the earth.
III. The acceptance of the mark of the beast has already begun, just as we see the beginnings of the image of the beast being able to speak, because many today deplore the fact that we have to carry so many cards.
A. Even in our time, the trend is to simplify things and the call for a single number of identification.
1. The United States has a Social Security Number (SSN), while Canada has a Social Insurance Number (SIN), which is used for government identification.
2. There is talk afloat today about an infrared chip implanted in our wrist with a simple identification number.
3. The call for this has increased in light of the recent run of international terrorism.
B. In an age where folk put earrings in their ears, nose, eyebrows and chin, this chip will be no problem.
1. Tattoos are very common today, and a prelude to the mark of the beast, even though God’s word speaks against marking on the body.
2. Leviticus 19:28 - Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
Verse 18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
I. What is the “mark of the Beast?
A. We are not told exactly what the mark is, but can most certainly see the trend towards “the mark” increasing in our society today.
1. Whole books have been written on this but for the most part we should keep our speculation to ourselves.
2. It is not so important to recognize the mark, but it is extremely important to recognize true and false worship.
B. The mark is worship, compliance, and agreement – for whatever reasons it is received.
1. In John’s day some commanders branded their soldiers, some masters branded their slaves, and those attached to certain pagan temples were branded by the mark of a god or goddess.
2. Deuteronomy 15:12-18 – The Hebrew man or woman who willingly chooses to remain a servant shall be marked in the ear with an aul.
3. Ptolemy Philopator had all the Jews in Alexandria marked with the ivy leaf, symbol of Dionysus.
C. The “identifiers” of the beast.
1. The mark of the beast – a symbol or icon, yet to be revealed, probably something that fits each personality.
2. The name of the beast – surely not “Anti-Christ”, but another more glamorous and sophisticated name.
3. The number of his name – “666”.
1. It seems the number “666” indicates the multi-faceted way Satan presents his kingdom.
2. For example, Goliath could be described with the numbers “666”.
a. Six weapons mentioned, but the sword David used to cut his head off is not mentioned.
b. Goliath is said to be six cubits tall, plus a span (6”).
3. Daniel 3:1 – Nebuchadnezzar’s image of gold is threescore cubits tall and six cubits wide.
a. Nebuchadnezzar commanded all, under penalty of death, to worship his image when the musical instruments sounded.
b. The story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego is given as an example of victory over the coming time of death.
F. The number “666” is the number of a man.
1. The number “7” is accepted as the number representing perfection, or completeness.
2. The number “6” is one number short, as man (without Christ) is short of perfection and completeness; therefore fitted for destruction.
G. Many people try to understand what the number means, but it is much more important to understand Jesus Christ and obtain his eternal salvation.
II. There is much mystery concerning the mark of the beast – when it will come, what it is, who will take the mark, and what it will do to them.
A. There is much we don’t know, but there are some things we do know.
1. The mark of the beast will come after the rapture of the saints, during the tribulation period. Preparations are now underway for the mark of the beast.
2. The mark of the beast surely comes from the devil.
3. The mark of the beast is given to all those that worship and serve the devil.
4. The types of people that will receive the mark: small and great, rich and poor, free and bond.
5. If a person doesn’t have the mark of the beast, he will be unable to buy or sell, which will make it difficult to survive.
B. The mark is universal – to all who reject Christ – and is compulsory.
III. Why will a person take the mark of the beast when the Bible clearly states (and it is widely known) that this mark comes from Satan?
A. The Word of God will be lost.
1. Just as the Word of God was lost, probably during the time of Manasseh (a very wicked ruler of Judah), and recovered during the reign of Josiah (a very good ruler and the final ruler before the Babylonian captivity), so the Word of God will be discarded by the world before the Great Tribulation.
2. The Bible is being disregarded now as new perverted versions of the Bible explode onto the religious market.
B. The mark of the beast is given during the tribulation period, after the rapture of the saints.
1. God’s people are not on the earth, and their Godly influence is over.
2. The Holy Spirit of God, as he relates to protecting God’s saints, is removed at the rapture of the saints.
3. Satan and his cohorts are ruling, and their influence will prevail.
4. Everybody is taking the mark.
C. If the mark of the beast is not accepted, buying and selling will be illegal.
1. Buying involves purchasing those items necessary for everyday living, like electricity, food, clothing, and fuel, so forth.
2. Selling involves not only selling things in a business, but also selling labor.
3. It’s like this: if a person doesn’t take the mark of the beast, they won’t be able to work.
4. Many rebel at this thought, but several systems like this are already in place!
5. A few examples:
a. Mandatory seat belt use, mandatory child restrain seating.
b. Business licenses. I know you have been in a business and seen their business license posted. If a business doesn’t have a business license, the city won’t allow them to have a business. Is this a bad thing? No. It simply means that customers have recourse to the city if that particular business doesn’t treat them fairly and honestly.
c. Fire Marshall permits. You have probably been in a restaurant and seen the placard stating how many people can be in the restaurant, according to the fire marshal. Is this a bad thing? No. It is a good thing, but it can also be a precursor to evil things.
d. Driver’s licenses. You probably have one of those. If you don’t have a driver’s license, it is illegal for you to drive. The government attempts to allow only qualified drivers on the road, for the protection of everybody, but everybody knows unqualified and unlicensed people continue to drive.
e. Vehicle license. If you own a vehicle and drive that vehicle on the public high ways, it must have a license. The government supposedly uses that tax to build and maintain roads, which is a good thing, but susceptible to misuse and mismanagement.
f. Social security cards. Do you have one? Sure you do. Everybody does. If you don’t have a social security card (or a number) you won’t be able to keep a job. The United States government requires that all businesses deduct payroll taxes from their employee’s paychecks. The social security number is how the government keeps track of all this. My social security number is how the federal and state government keeps track of my income taxes. Right? When I was born, I did not automatically apply for a SSN, but now even babies have a SSN.
6. It is not that business licenses, fire marshal permits, drivers licenses, vehicle licenses, and social security is the mark of the beast: far from it. These are good things that our society has accepted as a normal way of doing business.
a. When the mark of the beast comes, it will not come as something that is bad.
b. The devil will not say, “Here is my mark, take it, or I will kill you.”
c. Satan will appear with something that is seemingly good, something that is necessary for protection, or the orderly continuation of society, and something that is already familiar, something that is already accepted.
D. Think how Social Security has changed over the years.
1. Social Security is the mark of the beast.
a. Society has changed Social Security from a system to help the poor into a full-fledged retirement system.
b. Satan will also change what is accepted as a good thing into that which is required.
2. Social security was initiated as a voluntary system whereby people could put money aside for their retirement. The name was (and is) Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA). It was called “contributions” because it wasn’t a tax – at least not at the beginning. It was voluntary – at least at the beginning. And the numbers were secret – at least in the beginning.
3. My first encounter with social security occurred when I was a small boy, somewhere between 12 and 15 years old. I remember a discussion with my granddad about his social security number. He had just received his social security check in the mail, and I asked him where he got the money was from and why he got it, and that sort of thing. He told me the money came from the government, that he was retired and this was what the government was doing for people who were old and couldn’t work anymore. He told me very little about his social security number. He wouldn’t even show me the card, but told me it was a secret number and that nobody knew his number but himself.
4. Things have changed a lot since my granddad received a “secret” social security number.
a. I received my social security number when I started to work, because I could not keep my job if I did not have a social security number, therefore I was forced to apply for one. Did that happen to you? My social security number was how the government kept tract of my personal deductions, and my social security number is how I file my income taxes today. That is how the government keeps tract of me. Right?
b. Years later, while pastoring in the state of Louisiana, I purchased a hospitalization policy, and the number of the policy was my social security number. That number was not secret anymore, but was being used as a personal identification number. Later, I moved to Missouri, and my social security number became my driver’s license number. Later, laws enabled another number to be used instead of a social security number.
c. When my grandchildren were born, the parents had to make application for a social security number before they left the hospital, or soon after. The IRS now requires a person to have a social security number before they can be used as a dependant. Therefore, before my children could claim their children as dependents on their U. S. Form 1040, the newborns had to have a social security number.
5. More change is underway. Listen to this article from the St. Louis Post Dispatch, dated Sunday, December 23, 2001, page A10. The headline reads, “Human ID Chip Now Being Tested Aims To Provide Medical Information”. It seems a company in Palm Beach, Florida called Applied Digital Solutions has developed a computer chip, which is slight smaller than a “Tic Tac” mint, which will be embedded under the skin of humans. This same company developed the computer chip, which was embedded under the skin of pets so the owners could keep tract of them.
6. Here are five things the company officials say about their implanted microchip:
a. The human version of the animal chip can contain a name, telephone number and other information. Or it can send out a code that, when linked to a database, can call up records. The scanner can read it through clothes from up to four feet away, company officials said.
b. Company officials said they hoped to sell the device to patients with pacemakers, artificial hips and other implanted devices. The idea is that the chip will provide prompt and accurate medical information in an emergency, they said.
c. Applied Digital executives said its new product also could serve as a tamperproof form of identification. Corrections authorities have expressed interest in using the chips to better identify prisoners and parolees, officials said.
d. Airlines, nuclear power plants and other sensitive facilities may want to use the chips for employees, they said. Some parents may consider embedding chips in young children or elderly relatives who may be unable to say their names, addresses or telephone numbers.
e. “It depends on the spirit of the marketplace and the demand,” said Keith Bolton, vice president and chief technology officer, adding that use of the chip should be voluntary unless the law allows otherwise. “We’re ready to begin.”
7. According to another article in the St. Louis Post Dispatch, Sunday, March 3, 2002. Applied Digital Solutions, since the terrorists’ attack of 9/11, is preparing to seek government approval for a computer identification chip that would be implanted inside the body and could be used to store everything from secret codes to sensitive medical information.
E. It will be very easy for the Anti-Christ to establish his mark of the beast. Satan will not surprise people with the development of his plans, but will slowly and surely plant the idea that doing Satan’s will is good, necessary, and expedient. And that taking the mark of the beast will appear to be a good and necessary thing. 
 Preached to here 09/02/2009 IBC Wednesday Evening
 Preached to here 09/09/2009 IBC Wednesday Evening
 Preached to here 09/16/2009 IBC Wednesday Evening
 Preached to here 09/23/2009 IBC Wednesday Evening
 Preached to here September 30, 2009
 Preached to here 10/14/2009
 Preached to here 10/28/2009 IBC Wednesday Evening
 Preached to here 11/11/2009 IBC Wednesday Evening
 Preached to here 11/18/2009 IBC Wednesday Evening
 Preached to here 12/02/2009 IBC Wednesday Evening
 Preached to here 12/09/2009 IBC Wednesday Evening
 Preached to here 12/16/2009 IBC Wednesday Evening
 Preached to here 12/23/2009 IBC Wednesday evening